As a small team of developers, we're focused on creating a positive environment of collaboration, diversity, and inclusiveness. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds, experiences and stories to apply. We especially encourage candidates who identify as part of underrepresented or marginalized communities to apply for any open positions.
While we sincerely appreciate all candidates who apply, we'll be responding to candidates selected for interview phase only.
Backend Unity Developer
We’re looking for the right person to come on to help us hone the technical aspects of our current project in early-stage development. The ideal person has an itch for game programming, building technical workflow, and the tools to handle clean, efficient code. Candidates should demonstrate their passion for interesting software projects and a desire to grow with a small team into a sustainable development function as we grow.
roles & responsibilities
- Take ownership on all engineering & programming tasks (technical workflow, version control, tech specifications, coding standards, etc.)
- Manage development of project’s networking components using Unity, including implementation, infrastructure, and communication across connected devices
- Plan, implement, debug & test code for game mechanics, features, systems & logic
- Recommend technical considerations to a small team of designers & artists
- Articulate technical concepts to non-technical team members clearly
- Estimate, scope, and properly determine programming tasks & requirements
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working alone and in a close-knit team
- 2+ years experience in a professional software or game development setting
- Post-secondary education in computer science, software engineering, game development, or equivalent experience (college or university level is acceptable!)
- Knows their way around Unity & all its secrets, along with strong C# skills
- Experience with object-oriented programming, data structures, networking functionality, and/or other programming languages (Python, Java, React.js, etc.)
- Shipped at least one previous game/application (independently or with a studio)
++ pluses ++
- Passionate and well-versed in agile development methodologies (Scrum, XP, etc.)
- Exposure to other game development disciplines - art, design, audio, and/or narrative
- Experience working with networked applications/games on mobile
- Interest in learning about and exploring children's media content
This position is considered with the intention that candidates are willing to join a team from the ground up and grow with the studio as it expands in the future.